Friday, May 28, 2010

Year one is done


Last weekend was Henry's birthday and now he is officially in the single digits. His fabulous Tia (aka Carrie) was so generous in offering up her lovely home in LaGrange as party central for Henry's big day and I'd say the shin dig went off without a hitch. John grilled two turkeys and we had an awesome meal which Henry thoroughly enjoyed. He's been going through that phase where he's a little suspicious of people he doesn't recognize, so I was worried seeing so many people he didn't remember at once would freak him out, but he got over his initial insecurities and seemed to have a great time. Henry received so many presents, he is one lucky little guy. Besides cool toys we also restocked on clothes which is pretty important when you grow as fast as Hank does. I'm still getting used to the thought that Henry is no longer an infant. On my birthday every year at some point my parents say, "It was a good day the day you were born". I figured they were just being sappy and saying how they were happy I came into the world, but now as a mom, that statement means so much more to me. The last week, I couldn't help but continuously reflect over the past year and it always brought me back to that day I met Henry for the first time. I remember everything that went on that day, the people I saw, the breeze in the air, the feeling that the time had finally come to meet my son. I know that no matter how much time will pass, I will always look back on the day Henry was born and remember how great of a day it really was.
So we started off his next year of life with the arrival of his second eyetooth. Well, did I say arrival, I suppose the problem is that it hasn't decided on whether it is ready to completely arrive yet, instead it is hanging in the rafters of Henry's gums, tormenting him and reminding me what sleep deprivation is. Darn you eyetooth!!! Hopefully this next phase of teething will be over soon but I am not holding my breath. Besides that, we went for Henry's check up. He has grown almost 3 inches and to my surprise he has not put on anymore weight since our last visit. I knew the crawling would catch up with him eventually and it did, so little by little I am saying farewell gorgeous baby rolls, I will miss you XOXO

1 comment: