Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hey Moe Hey Moe


It is March and here we are months since my last post. Did I ever mention that I've been busy? Well, no busier than anyone else these days, but the blog does sort of get to be last on the priority list. I think Henry is napping, well at least he is content in his crib right now, and in my opinion that counts too! We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Spring around here. Cabin fever is at an all time high these days. Henry wants to run and shout and spin in circles and that is getting progressively more difficult in our humble abode. Don't get me wrong, we have had a great winter. Henry spent about 1 whole minute in the snow after the great blizzard of 2011. He was pretty ticked about the wet and cold characteristics of the snow so we got a few photo ops and returned to the warmth of our condo. But winter as a whole was not disappointing.
We've been spending some time playing with his cousin Emmett, who is just 7 months and getting close to Henry size. Along with playing, Henry is also learning to share, not share, express irritation and affection with Emmett. I can only imagine what sort of trouble these two are going to get in together when Emmett is running around with Hank, but I'm assuming it's going to be a bit more than making mud pies.

We were just out of town to visit some of our favorite people in Minnesota. They tend to be pretty awesome so it's no surprise that we get excited when we can celebrate the arrival of new awesome Minnesotans. Our friends Kelley and Dean will be welcoming a wee one into their home very soon and we had the pleasure of celebrating with them at their baby shower. Their were a ton of kids there which was fun to see, and Henry only made one cry. I'm convinced it was a misunderstanding....Now that we are back we can get into full planning mode for our annual Madeline Island vacation. Lots of friends, lots of babies and lots of eating and relaxing. It doesn't get too much better than our Island trip. So there is a lot going on and fun around every corner!


Other Henry accomplishments......Hank has improved his dancing moves immensely. I mean when this kid gets down, it's a sight to see. He's a little shy and won't always do it on command, but I love seeing his reaction to a song that catches his fancy. He's working on his words a lot these days. We don't have very long conversations just yet, but he is much better at getting his point across. His favorite words are Papa (referring to his grandpa), apple, cookie, Dan Zanes (a musician he really likes), Elmo (a small red monster). While these are his favorites, he has been repeating a lot of what we say so I'm pretty sure at some point these sounds are going to come together to make a lot of sense. I do know that he has very strong opinions about things such as food and music so it will be interesting to understand what he is actually trying to say about these subjects.

Finally, I'd like to add that my dear son has learned the word "no" and fully understands what he is expressing when using this term. The only saving grace for this new found vocabulary word is that he can't say his n's very well yet so when he says NO it sounds like MO. It helps lessen the severity of hearing the word NO constantly when it sounds like he's always saying the name of one of the three stooges. And even more recently he has taken to saying, "Mo Way!". As in, "No Way". I tell you, he is a character. So, that's it I suppose. I hope people are still checking here every now and then even though I've been terrible at keeping it up to date. Lots of love to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Josie, I still check in to see what Hank is up to. We don't have any little ones around so it is great fun. Once the rest of them(Lindsay, Nina and Nadia) start having babies maybe the novelty will wear off. Looking to seeing all of you at Hank #1's birthday party.
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete